Tools to Keep Your Life Going After a Truck Wreck
Truck accidents are becoming an unfortunate epidemic that some transportation safety advocates suggest will move closer to topping the top five list of the leading causes of death for individuals of varying age groups in the United States in the next decade. This sobering projection helps put into perspective the vast problem impacting the safety of America’s highways.
Consider the facts:
- Over an estimated 400,000 crashes occur each year involving some type of truck
- Drivers of semi-trucks that are large in scale have a higher incidence rate of being the cause of a crash than factors such as inclement weather and conditions on the road
- More than twenty percent of truck crashes result in fatalities, and an estimated 30 percent result in injuries that leave victims incapacitated
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s most recent large truck crash causation study among the top causes of truck crashes that occur in the United States are:
- Poor vehicle maintenance that allows issues such as brake defects to go unchecked
- Truck drivers being under pressure to meet unreasonable deadlines, and speeding or driving for an excessive amount of time without taking a break
- Aggressive driving practices
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Because Life Doesn’t Stop
Individuals who have been involved in a serious truck crash often see their world turned upside down in a matter of seconds. Aside from the physical aspects of recovering from an accident, survivors also endure financial hardship when trying to put their lives back together after enduring the trauma of a crash. As a truck crash survivor, you need tools to keep life running after this type of unimaginable ordeal. One’s financial obligations do not get put on hold just because they have been involved in a crash, no matter how severe. That’s why help with these types of cases is an immediate need.
The law firm of Witherite Law Group is available to assist individuals who have been involved in a major truck crash in Atlanta and need assistance with assessing what to do to keep life running in the aftermath. Some injured accident victims suffer short-term consequences, while others sustain physical and emotional suffering that lasts months or even years. In the most serious cases, the damage is irreparable, and the losses experienced by victims and their loved ones seem too challenging to overcome. The firm’s legal experts can help individuals address their options for getting recovery for medical expenses, lost income, loss of transportation, pain and suffering, emotional harms that disrupt one’s quality of life, and other damages they may be entitled to. The wealth of experience held by the Witherite Law Group team when it comes to working with truck crash victims is unparalleled with other firms.
Because life doesn’t stop after a truck accident, it’s important to know where to turn to get help putting the pieces back together in the aftermath. Individuals with questions about their legal options after an Atlanta truck crash can call 1-800-Truck-Wreck® to speak with someone directly today.