MOSTYN LAW’S “DIFFERENCE MAKERS IN EDUCATION”
Nominate a local teacher, school principal, librarian, coach or counselor from your kid’s school!
Tell us about the positive impact they are having in our community’s classrooms!
Complete your nomination by providing the information below before 11:59 PM on Sunday, May 2, 2021 for consideration by our judges. Announcements of our Difference Makers in Education will begin on Monday, May 3, 2021.
Thanks to Our Difference Makers in Education Partner
Mostyn Law’s “Difference Makers in Education Contest (“Contest”) will begin at 12:01 AM Central on April 12, 2021 and end at 11:59 PM Central on May 2, 2021 (“Contest Period”). Contest is sponsored by Mostyn Law (“Sponsor”) and administrated by Noisemaker Communications, LLC, through its agent Douglas B. Harris (“Administrator”). The Contest Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right to extend or shorten the Contest Period at their sole discretion. This Contest will be conducted exclusively online via registration at www.1800truckwreck.com/win. Twenty (20) winners, selected by a judging panel assembled by the Administrator who will review all educators nominated through the online registration form, will be awarded a $200 Amazon gift card, a $100 gift card to a Houston restaurant, and a commemorative desk trophy. The odds of winning depend on the total number of nominations received. Radio station KBXX-FM 97.9 The Box is solely the promoter of this contest and not the prize provider.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Registrants must nominate a local teacher, principal, headmaster or counselor by completing the entry information requested on the Contest page at www.1800truckwreck.com/win by the submission deadline to be considered by the judging panel assembled by Contest administrator.
2. Registrants may nominate more than one educator during the Contest Period.
3. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to be bound by the Official Contest rules.
4. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a registrant, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the email account at the time the registration was completed.
1. Nominations may be made by legal residents of the greater Houston area, who reside within one hundred (100) miles of Houston’s City Hall, in any direction, and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of Contest registration.
2. The nominees must be currently employed as teachers, counselors, coaches, librarians, principals, vice-principals, or headmasters at a grade level no higher than the 12th year, in a school district or educational institution serving students within 100 miles of Houston’s City Hall in any direction. This contest is not open to educators at colleges, universities, or trade schools.
2. Employees of Mostyn Law, its officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, promotional partners, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, and members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of their households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest. These eligibility restrictions also apply to employees of Mostyn Law’s radio partners and the restaurants participating in this Contest.
3. Entrants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
1. If the winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety, and another winner may be randomly selected at the discretion of the Contest sponsor.
2. The twenty (20) grand prizes will each consist of a $200 Amazon gift card, a $100 gift card to a local restaurant, and a commemorative desk ornament. The estimated retail value of each prize package is $350 USD.
3. No substitution of the prizes is offered, and the gift cards may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by the Contest Administrator or Sponsor in their sole discretion.
4. The grand prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Contest Administrator. The grand prize winners will be notified by email and/or phone within three (3) days after being selected (e.g., date of drawing). The grand prize winner will then have two (2) days to confirm their acceptance of their prize. If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be contacted that period, is ineligible, or fails to claim a prize that prize will be forfeited and if time permits, at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor / and/or Contest Administrator, an alternate entrant may be randomly selected as the grand prize winner by random from the remaining entries.
1. The grand prize winners will be declared following a review by a judging panel within 48 hours following the end of the Contest Period.
2. The grand prize winners will be notified by-mail and/or by phone.
3. The grand prize winners must schedule their prize pickup or delivery with the Contest Administrator, by contacting Doug Harris at [email protected] or by calling (713) 569-7716.
4. The winners’ entries and names may also be used for promotion by Mostyn Law and its radio partners without restriction.
5. All decisions made by the Contest Administrator or Contest Sponsor regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
1. The grand prize winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (which may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes from Mostyn Law during a calendar year will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws, and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, all participants agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest Administrator and Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. The Contest Administrator and Contest Sponsor retain the right to disqualify any entrant if all Contest rules are not followed.
7. By accepting his/her prize, each grand prize winner acknowledges that the Contest Administrator and Contest Sponsor have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. Any information collected by registering to enter the Contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Official Contest Rules.
9. Mostyn Law, Noisemaker Communications, LLC, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any registrant to complete or continue an internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Contest Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. In addition, Mostyn Law, Noisemaker Communications, LLC, its sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, corrupted, illegible, or incomplete Contest entries. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
10. The Contest Administrator and Contest Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting of these official rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or distribution of any prizes.
11. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts, criminal acts of third parties, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond the control of the Contest Administrator and Contest Sponsor which, in their sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Administrator and Contest Sponsor reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
12. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Administrator and Contest Sponsor reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (fully including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant of the law, including criminal prosecution.
13. For the names of the grand prize winners, please send a self-addressed, stamped return envelope to:
Difference Maker Administrator
1914 West Gray
Houston, TX 77019